Monday, December 29, 2008

What's in your bag?

I logged into SL last night to find Alicia and Elora talking about their purses, which is how I found out about this Bloggers' Challenge from ShoppingCartDisco. So since I still needed to let everyone know I survived the drive back from Coeur'D Alene anyway, I thought "okay, I'll bite."


Here's the deal:


Dump out your bag (no cleaning!) and post a pic of it. Men with messenger bags, this applies to you, too. Bullet-point the contents with amusing commentary.

Hoo-boy. Those of you who know me are laughing already. I carry my life in my purse, along with everything else. So the explosion that happened when I dumped the thing on my bed is a bit expected.


In that jumbled pile I found--


My wallet, with no cards in it;


All the cards that should be in my wallet but haven't been since I used them in the store and promptly tossed it into my purse;

A cell phone, because as soon as I go somewhere without it, without fail a dozen people will call me;

An iPod. I love portable music-- great for blocking out annoying people and noisy children! Thankfully there are no talking tummies to worry about in the real world;

Two small notepads and a pen, because I need to write EVERYTHING down. I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached;

A powder compact, lipstick, mascara (under one of the receipts) and an eyeshadow set. I admit, I don't go anywhere without painting my face on;

The adorably cute mirror Liv gave me last year. (It's that yellow thing that looks like a button) I love the picture on it-- it's a strawBEARy. I know, I'm far too easily amused.

Two lotions. I don't use either of them THAT much, but it's a nice thing to have, and people are ALWAYS asking me if I have any lotion. That might be because I have a purse big enough to hide an Avon Lady, though;

Blistex, because I live in the mountains and it's friggin' cold here. And chapped lips are no fun and totally unkissable;

Air freshener and a bottle of perfume, because I have a sensitive sniffer and like to be able to vanquish stinky things. Including myself.

Hairbrush and 3 ponytail holders. And absolute must for me, since I have long, wavy hair that fluffs and frizzes itself to impossible heights at the first sign of humidity;

Visine. I wear contacts most of the time, and having one of those things fall out, or getting something in them, without any eyedrops on hand is a royal pain;

A watch that I never wear and probably has a dead battery by now. That's not going back in with the rest, I think.

A flash drive. I use it a lot, but never for anything all that important. It's always at the very bottom of my purse buried in the loose change when I need it most;

My keys, with a teddy bear keychain, a little card for a radio station in Seattle (107.7 The End) that I got at a concert forever ago, and a PETCO card.

And if the Petco card didn't cue you in that I'm an animal lover, I bet the little pink mouse cat toy did. Sybil, my younger cat, love to hide things in bags and shoes.

Two tea bags. One is an earl grey and the other is a chai. I drink tea by the gallon; I swear I should have been born British. I watch BBC all the time too.


And lastly, a wine cork. Your guess is as good as mine.

If you spot anything I missed, let me know!!

P.S. What's missing from my bag:

Post-its! I'm a post-it queen. My house is covered with them, my workplace is covered with them and there's probably a few in my car too. Now I need to go see who stole my post-its. >P


No comments: