Friday, January 16, 2009

Making the Grade

With us, there is no such thing as a normal shopping spree.

Last night I settled in to sort some inventory while I chatted with the girls in IMs. I got about halfway through my hair folder when I realized I had two stamp cards from the from the CSR stamp rally that I'd never finished. Since I get bored with sorting very easily and was mostly just playing dress-up at that point, I decided to jet off and gather up the last of my stamps. 10 minutes later I was standing at Sweetest Goodbye, staring hard at an adorable little schoolgirl uniform.

My mind honestly works in mysterious way. Why can't I ever get shopping lust over normal things? What do I need a schoolgirl outfit for? Nothing. So I sent off a quick plea to the Ch'Know girls to talk some sense into me.

That backfired, as it usually does. =) Instead of talking me out of the plaid skirted cuteness, I managed to talk them into it. Within a few minutes Sophia, Emerald (both of whom I've only recently met but already adore), Sehra and Alicia descended on the store. We stood around in the store for a bit, fiddling with our newly acquired prims and twirling our new skirts when Sophia announced that her very awesome photographer husband Skyhawke could take a group shot or two for us. So half an hour later we popped over to his studio for a bit of poseball standing.

Unfortunately I was lagging horridly enough throughout that I didn't get any snapshots worth sharing, but I'll share the photo Sky took when we get them if that's do-able. I assure you the cuteness was overwhelming. Though we did look kind of like a bunch of delinquents in detention. Our sometimes lewd, sometimes catty and always hilarious conversation might have helped that image along. =)

And I did discover what I needed a schoolgirl outfit for-- photo-ops and memories.

\o/

No comments: