Thursday, January 15, 2009

16 things you don't really need to know about me

Alicia of Ch'Know passed on this meme, so I must write 16 things about myself. =)

1. I talk to my cats and my dog, a LOT. Sometimes I fancy the idea that they understand me better than people think.

2. I sing a lot, constantly, and used to do so competitively. However, I hate the sound of my own voice.

3. I can watch sad movies and laugh at them, and crime shows like City Confidential or Cold Case with nothing but morbid curiosity, but APSCA commercials make me bawl.

4. When I finished high school, I wanted to major in journalism. But I didn't have the money for a 4-year university so I got my 2-year degree in radiology from the local state college. I'm glad for that decision.

5. I love summer and warm weather and constantly gripe about wanting to move somewhere warmer. However, what place have I always dreamed of living? Holland.

6. I love watching the BBC! I think in some odd way it makes me feel cultured.

7. One of my favorite pasttimes is to go to expensive car dealerships, like Jaguar or BMW, and "test-drive" their high-end cars.

8. I've never been out of the country, even though I lived less than a hundred miles from Canada most of my childhood.

9. I hate fish, but I love sushi. Try to figure that one out. =P

10. I have a distinct interest in Indian and Middle Eastern culture, clothes, food and art. One of my favorite movies is a Bollywood film called Veer-Zaara.

11. My favorite food in the whole world is Cheerios. It's a big-time comfort food.

12. I'm a charity-case. If you have a cause, I'll support it if I can. But I consciously avoid all the pink junk for the breast cancer foundation, just because they try to shove it down our throats so much. There's other causes that need support just as much.

13. I have a natural green-thumb. I've always been good with plants, and I take a lot of pride in my African Violets. (They were nearly dead when I rescued them from my friend's house, and they are notoriously tetchy plants.)

14. I'm a huge fan of George Carlin and miss him as if I knew him, even though I didn't.

15. I drink tea constantly. I probably have 5 to 8 cups a day. My favorite is Tetley British Blend.

16. I love card tricks!! But I suck at them.

\o/

No comments: