Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Moved!!

I'm almost finished decorating the new place at Bluebonnet!


This is the house I ended up picking when I decided against the victorian-- the Solstice from Brennan Homes. I love it!! It's sort of a mountain home, so not only does it appeal to my inner Coloradoan but it works really well on the side of the hill. Just below is the garden I'm still working on.

I have most of the furniture in, though I still need some more wall hangings and rugs and knick-knacks and all those homey things, and I'd also like to put in a piano.

I finally settled on a living room set after much debating. I picked the Saxon sofa set in cranberry from Ingrid Ingersoll's HOMESTORE, and I'm very happy with it.

Yes, that is the class photo from the Ch'Know Academy for Deliquent Girls above the couch.

The house is textured in lovely natural wood and and stone, so I've been decorating in warm, sophisticated reds and golds (also two of my favorite colors.) So when I found these chairs at The Loft that go so perfectly with my table, I couldn't contain my excitement.

I think a new house is a good excuse for new furniture (translation: any excuse is a good excuse for new furniture) but I'm still hedging on if I want a new bedroom set or not. I did find one I really like at Instinct, but in the meantime I put my Cushy Artsy Bedset from Mudhoney in.


Not sure what I was thinking with this shot. Uhm...thank god for glitch pants.

\o/